Holmes Park House is a brand new, dedicated 12 bed facility dedicated exclusively to end of life care. We are located in the beautiful mansion previously owned by the Harry and David estate and located in the middle of Holmes Park in east Medford. We are looking for exceptional team members to join our truly unigue mission. Please go our website, view our videos, read our mission and apply directly through that website or email me your resume directly. We are interviewing now for our opening in May. Best of wishes!
Holmes Park House Certified Nursing Assistant
Supervisor: Holmes Park House Nurse Manager (RN)
Pay Rate: $15/hour, minimum
To provide compassionate and mindful end of life caregiving in line with the mission and values
of SOFH. This position is a certified nursing assistant, certified by the Oregon State Board of
Nursing who offers care to the hospice and palliative care patients at Holmes Park House. The
CNA works with the residences during the final stage of their life. They also provide mental and
emotional support to the residents and their family members.
• Unencumbered certification from the Oregon State Board of Nursing
• No findings on the OBRA Federal CNA Registry, the CNA Abuse Registry or the
• Successful passing of criminal background check and employee drug and alcohol
• Commitment to Holmes Park House mission and culture
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• High ethical standards
• Keen observational skills
• Empathetic and resilient
• Physical and emotional stability
• Graduate from a Certified Nursing Assistant Program
• Two years’ experience as a CNA.
• Experience in working with hospice and/or palliative care patients.
• Provide total care for hospice and palliative care residents.
• Measure and record vital signs, such as, temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood
pressure of residents.
• Provide timely and accurate charting on each resident.
• Assist in feeding residents as needed and appropriate.
• Assist or provide the activities of daily living such as bath, mouth care and toileting.
• Change bed linens and resident clothing as often as needed for the comfort of the
• Care and cleaning after incidents of incontinence.
• Comfort and provide emotional care for the residents and their families.
• Respond to an emergency situations as appropriate.
• Bring and remove meal trays for residents as they are ready from the kitchen staff.
• Assist in keeping resident rooms clean and tidy, and general housekeeping throughout
• Turn, position and ambulate assigned residents as needed.
• Assist other CNAs/CMAs with turning, positioning and ambulating residents as
• Check blood sugar of residents as appropriate and notify the Certified Medication
Assistant or Nurse Manager of results.
• Keep the Holmes Park House Nurse Manager (RN) and/or the hospice RN abreast of
important changes in the residents’ condition.
• Provide routine post mortem care of the resident’s body.
• Assist the family in post mortem ritual cleaning and care of the body as appropriate.
• Facilitate the compassionate ceremony as the resident’s body leaves the facility.
• Competent in the use of equipment used in the care of residents, such as the bed,
resident lift, wheel chairs and stretcher.
• Practice mindful caregiving throughout each shift.
• All other duties as assigned or delegated by the HPH Nurse Manager.
• Participate in daily shift change report.
Physical and working condition requirements:
• Workday: 12 hours
• Stands: Often and for long periods
• Sits: Often and for short periods
• Walks: Often and for short distances
• Bends: Often
• Stairs: Occasionally
• Climbs: Seldom
• Lifts: Frequently an with assistance of equipment and others
• Kneels: Seldom
• Repetitive hand/foot: Often and for short periods
Application Period: Currently accepting applications for interviews in April,
position start date in May.
To apply please send in your cover letter and resume and visit
sofriendsofhospice.org/join-our- team/ for more information.
Please be sure include all of the following information:
Full contact information: Full Name, Phone, Address, E-mail, etc.
Credentials: Any degrees, licenses, and certifications
References: The Names and contact information from at least two references. Letters of
reference are also welcome but not required.
Answers to the following: What experience do you have with end-of- life care? Why would you
like to work for Southern Oregon Friends of Hospice?
• Do you have the following license or certification: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)?
• How many years of CNA experience do you have?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local